TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Rough idle, hesitation and sputtering
People Seeking Info

Subject Rough idle, hesitation and sputtering

Posted by Captconan on October 01, 2014 at 11:35 AM
  This message has been viewed 207 times.

Message 91 TT. I had just finished doing some pulls on the highway after finishing a round of upgrades including turbos, injectors, intercoolers, fuel pump, and a haltech ECU. According to virtual dyno it was making about 400hp and 360tq. However, on the way home, at a stop light, I went to accelerate from the line and I killed the engine (5 speed). I restarted the engine in the intersection and tried to pull away again and wasn't able to make any power. The engine was sputtering and hesitating almost like it wasn't getting enough air. It idled like crap at around 700rpm, and It would not rev past 2500rpm before hesitating and sputtering back down to idle. I could hardly put any load on the engine and limped home working the shit out of the clutch at about 5 MPH. Immediately before this the car was running like a dream.

No codes were flashing on the ECU, and the TPS and MAP sensor still seemed good. What could this be? I'm thinking timing? Crank Angle Sensor perhaps??? Any ideas welcome!

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.